In the early 1990s, Gemini was searching for a new method to produce patterns for our two foundries.
At the same time, we were expanding our tooling for our injection molded lines of letters. We utilized our machining centers to produce several rapid prototype patterns which we were able to cast with great success. We discovered that with some modification, instead of cutting a pattern, we could create a rapid prototype out of premium bronze sheet.
After several years of development and refining our high-speed machining process as well as our finishing capabilities, we introduced these precision tooled plaques to the sign industry.
Precision Tooled Benefits
Thousands of plaques and 20 years later, Gemini has the best pricing and fastest delivery of solid bronze plaques. The following are distinct benefits of buying precision tooled plaques from Gemini:
- Fastest production time in the industry — an average is six days
- Detailed letters, logos, Braille and borders without extra costs
- Any size up to 40” x 84” in any fractional dimension
- Letters down to 3/8” high with crisp, clean, deep edges
- Aluminum, brass, bronze and copper metal options
- Thin gauge 1/8” plaques available up to 24” x 24”
- Lower carbon footprint than cast products
Thin Gauge Plaques
As a lighter-weight option, thin gauge is a great choice for address plaques and wayfinding signage.